OIT provides a statewide phone network and desktop phones for employees. Standard features include voicemail, voicemail access from anywhere, call forwarding, call conferencing, and multiple lines.
Some resources may require login with SOA credentials or SOA network access.
How do I forward my work phone?
You can redirect all calls from your Cisco work desk phone to a different phone number:
- Press the Forward button on your phone. Depending on your phone model, it may be labeled “Forward all”, “CFwdAll” or similar.
- Enter the phone number to forward your calls to. For example, 907-222-2222*.
- Your phone will beep two times and display the number your calls are forwarded to.
To cancel forwarding, press the “Forward Off”, “Fwd Off” or similar button, or press “CFwdALL” again if it is still displayed. This depends on your phone model.
*Redirect from your desk phone is available for Alaska (907) area codes. If business needs require you to forward your phone to a non-907 number, submit a Service Desk Manager (SDM) ticket at: sdm.doa.alaska.gov. Long distance charges will apply.
Can I have voicemails forwarded to e-mail?
To request voicemails received at your SOA phone be forwarded to your SOA e-mail as an audio file, submit a Service Desk Manager (SDM) ticket.
- Log in to SDM at sdm.doa.alaska.gov with your SOA credentials.
- In the Customer Service section, Select “Order/Change a product or service”
- From the"Request Area" menu, Select "Communication Services" and then "Advanced Multimedia Services"
- Complete your request description, providing the desk phone number at which you are receiving voicemails, and the e-mail address you wish to forward voicemails to.